Our team at KCC Orthodontics can’t wait for Thanksgiving next week! We’ll be taking time to reflect on our appreciation for our many blessings. Thanksgiving is also our opportunity to share memories with friends and family and eat our favorite foods. Good news! Traditionally, Thanksgiving food is already braces-friendly!
With braces, you’ll want to eat foods that are soft – turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry, stuffing, and gravy. In addition, watch out for any hard foods that may bend your wire or break brackets or appliances.
Psst… if you’re wearing Invisalign, you are free to eat all the Thanksgiving foods! Be sure to remove your aligners when eating.
For a good braces-friendly recipe, this is one of our team’s favorites. This recipe uses all the Thanksgiving staples we mentioned above. Also, it makes a perfect dish for leftovers! This recipe is great for you if you are in braces and it is kind to sore teeth!
Braces-Friendly Thanksgiving Recipe
1 can (or tube) of crescent rolls
¾ cup turkey – cooked & shredded
¾ cup stuffing
¾ cup mashed potatoes
1 cup of cranberry sauce
¼ cup warm gravy (will be for serving)
- Turn the oven on to 375 degrees F.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out crescent rolls & fill with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce. A spoonful of each ingredient will do!
- Roll the crescent rolls up (or fold over edges if that’s easier).
- Arrange on baking sheet & bake for 12-15 minutes until golden
- When serving, provide gravy to dip the roll in
What a simple recipe! We hope you enjoy this meal as much as your time spent with those you love! You may store these Thanksgiving crescent rolls in the fridge for a few days. To reheat, use the microwave or conventional oven.
The Katy ClearChoice Orthodontics team is so thankful for you and hopes you enjoy this recipe, along with your time with loved ones. Happy Thanksgiving, KCC Ortho family!