KCC Orthodontics wants to wish you a happy near year! Let’s celebrate by making a resolution to continue strong in your orthodontic treatment plan. For those with braces, it’s important to adhere to the regular rules of wear. Now is the perfect time to start fresh and rededicate yourself to your oral health. KCC Orthodontics has compiled a list of important rules to remember for braces wearers.
- Stay away from crunchy snacks – Hard, crunchy snacks could damage the braces by breaking a bracket or snapping a wire. For a complete list of foods to avoid, check out our page on life with braces.
- Brush your teeth and floss regularly – In order to properly care for your teeth, it’s important to keep them clean. Those who don’t may require additional care from their general dentist.
- Quit the bad habit of nail biting – Much like eating crunchy snacks, nail biting could harm your braces. Doing so runs the risk of breaking a bracket or snapping a wire. Combine two resolutions in one by nixing the bad habit.
- Continually wear your rubber bands – For those who use rubber bands as a part of your orthodontic treatment, it’s important to wear them consistently. By not doing so, you could be extending your treatment time.
- Stay up to date on appointments – While schedules change, it’s a must to stay on track with your treatment plan. Dedicating yourself to consistent appointment times is a great way to do so.
KCC Orthodontics wants your new year to be the best it can be. For those with braces, remembering these important guidelines is a sure way to get your year off to a great start. With your dedication to your braces treatment plan, your smile is sure to look fresh and new.