Invisalign is a great alternative to braces for both adults and teens. Like braces, they work to straighten your teeth and perfect your smile over time. Invisalign aligners are clear and hardly noticeable when worn. Unlike braces, Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating and drinking and replaced again. In order to ensure your Invisalign treatment is on track, it’s important to follow all instructions provided by your doctor. KCC Orthodontics is a Diamond Invisalign Provider and knows what it takes to care for your smile. We’ve compiled a list of different tips to help you stay on track with your Invisalign care.
- Wear your aligners – While this seems like a no-brainer, it’s easy to fall into a pattern of forgetting about your aligners. Because Invisalign works over time, not wearing your aligners for large gaps will set your treatment schedule back and cause for a longer treatment time. Being consistent in wearing your aligners is the first step to a straighter smile.
- Utilize your case – Many people will set their aligners on a napkin when eating or drinking, but few remember to pick them back up. The largest cause of losing aligners is by accidently throwing them away. Use the case provided whenever your aligners are not on your teeth.
- Keep away from pets – Invisalign aligners are small and plastic. Many pets, particularly dogs, see them as a new chew toy for them to enjoy. Keep the aligners out of reach of pets by keeping them up high or in a drawer.
- Keep all sets of aligners – While it might be tempting to toss an aligner once finished with the set, it’s best to keep all aligners even after your treatment has progressed. In doing so, you have a backup set you can use if you misplace your current aligner set.
- Keep your aligners clean – Just like your teeth, Invisalign aligners need to be kept clean. Never use toothpaste or a toothbrush to clean your aligners. Instead use dish soap or soak in denture cleaner.
KCC Orthodontics cares about your treatment plan. Doing your part in caring for your Invisalign treatment ensures that everything stays on track with your care. Follow these five tips for success with Invisalign.