Is your child headed back to school soon? Are you worried about their orthodontic care during school hours? Your favorite orthodontics office is bringing you all the back-to-school tips for orthodontics!
The best lunch options:
- Soft foods like mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, and mac n cheese!
- Leave the toast for your cousin’s wedding next summer. We recommend that you make all your sandwiches with soft bread.
- Chicken nuggets and hot dogs are great choices
- Salads are good too, but leave out the croutons and nuts – sorry guys, we know those are yummy! Soon enough, you’ll get to have all those foods again
- Applesauce, oatmeal, and muffins are also good options for school lunches
Items to add to your backpack:
- Extra ortho wax
- Orthodontic flossers
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
Brushing your teeth after school lunch means healthier teeth during your orthodontic treatment! If you are out of ortho wax, don’t worry about buying any. Swing by our office and we’ll give you more, complimentary. Pro tip: You can also use a cotton ball instead! That’s right. Pull off a small piece of cotton ball, get it wet, and put that over the bracket – like you would with wax. Voila! Discomfort subsided.
- Trade the raw veggies for fruits like strawberries or mango
- Sugar-free jello or pudding – chocolate is a favorite at our practice!
- When eating out, choose places like Willie Burger, Chick-fil-A, or Craft Burger. Burgers, soft-breaded chicken, and fries are all good options for braces.
- Keeping your regular appointments is crucial to moving your treatment along.
We understand schedules get crazy during the school year. Between class, sports, debate team, and theatre it can be hard to find the time! This is easier when you schedule your next appointment before leaving our office.
If you ever have questions about back-to-school tips for orthodontics, call us. 281-392-0888. Need to get yourself in for an appointment or other children? Consultation appointments are also available during the school year! Fill out a consultation request and we will call you to schedule an appointment. Have a fantastic 2022-2023 school year!